Printware Introduces Digital Color Printer and Chemistry-Free CtP solution
PlateStream Digital SR3-in-1meets wholesale customer digital printing needs
ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA – September 9, 2011 – Printware, the leading independent manufacturer of high quality, high performance and innovative polyester CtP solutions, is launching at GraphExpo 2011 a digital color printing solution specially targeted for its large customer base of leading print manufacturers. The PlateStream Digital SR3-in-1 short run color printing solution targets wholesale printers to the trade and end users that demand proven and affordable short run digital solutions. The PlateStream Digital SR3-in-1 is an excellent digital color profit engine for complementing the most successful offset printing operations.
The PlateStream Digital SR3-in 1 features capabilities required by printers to meet short run digital print demands of their customers including:
- Up to 36 ppm color output
- 600 x 1200 dpi
- Support for media up to 188 gsm
- Output sizes from 3” x 5” to 12.9” x 47” to meet needs for a variety of applications
- High volume feeding system option
- Harlequin RIP support providing professional print quality
- Compatibility when using PlateStream Digital Plates of providing greater flexibility for customers desiring chemistry-free short-run offset plates from their digital device
“Our most successful CtP customers have told us over and over that they wished we would apply our proven business model, coupled with no-finger pointing comprehensive support, to short run digital color,” commented Tim Murphy, President of Printware. “Printware integrated proven ideas and a best in class device to meet our customers need for increased profits in short run printing.”
The PlateStream Digital SR3-in-1 provides printers with a best in class solution of:
- Proven digital engine to expand their short run offset operations with more profitable short run color print solutions
- Ease of integration with existing print devices using the industry’s leading prepress Harlequin Raster Image Processor and easy to use workflow tools
- Proven service and comprehensive support geared for volume print operations
- Printware lowest total cost of ownership to short run digital color output
“We haven’t forgotten to ensure the lowest cost of operation and our excellent support from workflow to high volume print operations. Our introduction at Graph Expo of the PlateStream Digital will meet our very demanding and large installed customer base in a way that perfectly complements their short run offset operations,” continued Murphy.
The PlateStream Digital SR3-in-1 system will be priced fully configured for PlateStream customers at under $18,000.
Also highlighted at Graph Expo will be Printware’s line of polyester CtP devices. PlateStream Elite™ polyester CtP systems surpass customer expectations for cost effectiveness, flexibility and versatility. Offering a portrait or landscape format digital platesetter with fully integrated features, the PlateStream Elite system allows printers to better compete by containing costs in their operations.
Platestream Elite CtP system meets daily production demands with:
- Affordable, quick payback, complete systems
- Flexible portrait or landscape formats (10” to 18.1” width range)
- Accurate press-ready punched plates with a standard integrated or offline punch
- 60-120 press-ready plates per hour to meet peak production requirements
- +/- 0.001” registration accuracy across four consecutive plates for the most demanding process color work
- Minimal waste with Printware’s exclusive long rolls of SilverStream Color+™ plate material
- Workflow and job management options to meet the demands of even the busiest prepress departments
The PlateStream Elite family of polyester CtP systems is based on a common design derived from Printware’s nearly thirty years of manufacturing expertise. The PlateStream Elite family provides best-in-class capabilities required by today’s production demands including:
- Portrait 13.3” systems at $25k
- Landscape (2-up) 18.1” systems at $30k
- Integrated punch option for Bacher C-2000 and Pinbar formats
- MicroPlate option eliminating all waste on small plates
- High speed output option to boost throughput by up to 4X
The capabilities of the PlateStream Elite family make it the most automated, high performance polyester CtP unit in the industry.
Industry Leading Workflow Solutions
Printware CtP solutions are powered by the industry leading Xitron Navigator software, with optional workflow solutions. These powerful workflow solutions feature a wide selection of standard and optional productive tools that eliminate errors and increase productivity while meeting the varied needs of today’s prepress department. Based on the Harlequin core technology, Navigator workflow solutions are recognized worldwide as a leading workflow for commercial and in-plant printers.
Printware CtP solutions also offer optional integrated trapping, color management for inkjet proofing and easy-to-use imposition fitting various critical printing job needs.
Lowest Total Cost of Ownership
Printware’s PlateStream Elite takes advantage of Printware’s complete service and open architecture supply plans providing customers the lowest total cost of ownership of any comparable solution on the market.
Printware’s 24/7 Support offers a no risk service program to allow customers to maintain high uptime. Utilizing Remote Platesetter DiagnosticsSM, 100% complete system coverage, 24/7 telephone support, Advanced Technical TrainingSM and optional on-site technical support, customers have the options and flexibility they need to stay in production.
In these times of great volatility in world markets, the Printware Secure Supply GuaranteeSM eliminates the need for customers to worry about running out of supplies. Printware, a Minnesota based company, guarantees the required plate size will be in stock whenever a customer needs supplies. SilverStream™ polyester materials are available in common roll sizes, including extra long rolls guaranteed for CtP customers that want to minimize risk and variable supply costs. These longer daylight load cassettes improve productivity with fewer roll changes and less waste per change.
Printware products are available directly from Printware or their authorized dealers. For more information about Printware visit www.printwarellc.com, call 800-456-1400, Extension 404 or 651-456-1404 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.